Hello there! Welcome to 1611.co! Here you can search, read, listen, sing, and study the scriptures! God’s word is perfect, pure and preserved – inerrant and infallible. It is available to us today in English in the King James Bible – first published in 1611. This website is also named “1611” “Sixteen Eleven” because man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. When you add up the chapters and the verses of Matthew 4:4, Luke 4:4 and Deuteronomy 8:6 – which are three verses which contain the above reference – you get 1611!
- On the Search page: you can search individual words and phrases, individual/multiple verses, and also individual chapters in the Bible.
- On the Read page: you can select any of the 66 books in the Bible and start reading. You will also be able to listen to it being read or sing along!
- On the Listen page: you can select any of the 66 books of the Bible and start listening to it being read
- On the Sing page: you can select from various books of the Bible to hear either chapters of whole books being sung verbatim to a beautiful melody and accompaniment. All songs come courtesy of Sing The KJV.
- On the Study page: you will soon find study tools such as guides, outlines, charts, and etc to aid you in your personal Bible studies so that you may be edified and come to a greater understanding of all things
- On the Contact page: you can send a message to myself with any comment, questions, or suggestions you may have
- On the Resources page: you can find an assortment of links to various internet sites and channels that may interest you about the Bible in general and more particular parts thereof
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” 1 Corinthians 15:1-4